Saturday, October 17, 2015

Sentinel of the Spaceways!

Many people don't know this, but my favorite Marvel character is the Silver Surfer. In fact, one of the first comics that my father ever passed down to me was the 1987 run of Silver Surfer. That whole series got me into comics. From the beginning I thought it was a pretty amazing story, and the art had me hooked. I later went back to dive into the incredible history of the character by reading the 1960s, original run of comics written by Stan Lee and drawn by Jack Kirby.

The Surfer, though not as popular as the majority of today's A-list Marvel characters, also remains one of my father's favorite characters. So it it's only logical that one day I'd draw my dad a proper Surfer, right? Well, as much as I tried early on I usually drew fairly horrible Silver Surfer sketches.

But not today! I finally got around to sketching one after about 6 years of thinking about it, and I think I've finally settled on version of the Surfer that I can live with drawing.

So without further delay...this one's for you, Papa!

The Silver Surfer- by Eric Henson



Oh! And I also had some time to sketch this Dark Knight for fan as a pre-con commission!



Until next time! Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment