Tuesday, October 4, 2011

The "Freakshow", "The Diplomat" and "A Fan's Hope"...

Welcome all! It's my pleasure this week to once again present to you a few interesting updates and sneak-peeks. So let's get straight to it!

First up we have: "Freakshow"! Well, a few months back I shared with you that I penciled a little cover/pin-up for writers' David Server's and Jackson Lanzing's sci-fi comic hit "Freakshow" (the trade paperback). Well, the trade is out now and it's fantastic! Fangoria gives it 4 out of 4 stars and Ain't It Cool News highly recommends it! So do I. And not just because I was blessed enough to have my art featured as the final page of the book (pin-up gallery, page 11). It's a great story and that's the most important thing. So please do yourself a favor and CHECK IT OUT by ordering it online.

*Special thanks to Michael Babinski (inks) & Stephen Downer (colors) on helping to make our cool pin-up.


Round 2: The release of Arch Enemy Entertainment's mini-series "The Diplomat" is gearing up and my work (to illustrate the covers) is pretty much complete. What's that? You want to see a cropped preview of issue #3's gritty cover? Why certainly--OF COURSE YOU CAN! Check it out, my friends (pencils by me, inks by Mikey and colors by Nate Lovett):



And Finally: "A Fan's Hope". To be a part of any major production is a blessing BUT to be one of the main cast in a feature-film produced by Stan Lee and directed by Morgan Spurlock is a true, blessed HONOR. So while the movie is not yet released in the U.S. I still want to share the poster for the film (I'm not sure who the artist is but he/she depicts all of the main characters as original superheroes).Which hero am I? Well, I'm the Air Force themed fella' in the bottom left corner. Perhaps the muscles are a bit too small but nobody's perfect!

* All of the reviews for this movie have been very, very positive so please stay tuned for more info on the release date!

Thanks for viewing! Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment